Indivisible Nation BK (INBK) is a not for profit organization dedicated to promoting civic participation and engagement in the fight for justice, sustainability, and equality. We use the Indivisible Guide's five strategies—calls/letter campaigns, town halls, meetings, public events, and elections—to push our local, state, and federal representatives to resist authoritarianism, corruption, and intolerance; protect democracy; and stand up for our communities.
General meeting 7/11
We were thrilled to hear from three fierce candidates for Attorney General: Zephyr Teachout, Tish James and Leecia Eve. We also heard from Sarah Paden, who works for Governor Cuomo. Check out the livestream on our Facebook page
INBK is thrilled to announce our first six endorsements!
We are proud to endorse Zephyr Teachout for Attorney General, Jumaane Williams for Lt. Governor Zellnor Myrie in SD20, Ross Barkan in SD22, Jasmine Robinson in SD23, Max Rose in CD11 and Liuba Grechen Shirley in CD2. Read our statements on our Endorsements Page.
flood the lines
The fastest and most effective way to influence your elected officials is to join us in calling them! Scripts below and HERE:
why we call
Need a reminder about “Why We Call?” Check out our film that explains why every constituent can and should call their elected officials - whether they are represented by Democrats OR Republicans.
INBK is now an official 501(c)(4) not for profit organization!
There are two ways you can support our work right now:
1. Become an “Endorsing Member” of INBK: To become an Endorsing Member of INBK, you’ll need to contribute $15/ year (or more) to support our funding needs and have attended at least 3 meetings or tabling sessions in the last 6 months. If you meet these criteria, you will be able to vote on INBK endorsements in certain local races, including Governor, Lt. Governor and SD22 , at our upcoming general meeting on July 11th.
2. Make a donation just because! Not able to come to meetings regularly but want to support what we do? Or are you able to help kickstart our fundraising efforts? Consider making a donation to keep us going through 2018. You can donate at any time, but we’d love if you helped us get started with a gift today to help us maximize our impact in 2018.
Donate securely via ActBlue:
Because 501(c)(4)s can engage in some political activity (as we certainly do), any contributions to our organization are not deductible as charitable contributions.
Inspire people to call
Senators Schumer and Gillibrand everywhere you go -- and support INBK while you do it! Visit our new online store and get totes, tees, phone cases, even beach towels delivered directly to you! They make great gifts, too.
CALL YOUR SENATORS and tell them to VOTE NO on Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh!
Kavanaugh’s record is alarming-- he’s ruled against women who needed abortions, in favor of overturning environmental regulations and argued that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional. He is likely to overturn Roe v. Wade, undermine the ACA, rule in favor of polluters and corporations rather than working Americans, and is likely to strike down state laws regulating gun sales and ownership.
As if that weren’t terrifying enough, Kavanaugh has argued that sitting presidents shouldn’t be subject to investigations and criminal indictments. This is why Trump wants him on the bench--so that if and when he attempts to pardon himself he can count on Kavanaugh to rule in his favor.
THERE IS SO MUCH AT STAKE WITH THIS SEAT.
Call your senators and demand that they VOTE NO. Last summer, constituent calls, protests, and meetings saved the ACA. We CAN do this. But we need all hands on deck.
SHARE, CALL and be ready to SHOW UP.
Find your senators: http://bit.ly/2tx8vuh
Script: My name is… and I’m a constituent from… I’m calling to ask Senator________ to vote against Brett Kavanaugh because…(choose 1 or more reasons):
• He won’t be a true check on the President’s power if the president is indicted
• He’ll overturn Roe. v Wade, which will destroy women’s lives
• He’ll rule in favor of polluters and against environmental regulations that keep people safe
• He’ll rule in favor of the NRA and against gun regulations that keep people safe
• A 51-vote threshold isn’t good enough for lifetime nominations to the Supreme Court. We need to restore the 60-vote threshold.
Will Senator _______ publicly commit to voting against Kavanaugh immediately?
Get this script here! Share it with your people not on FB! https://preview.tinyurl.com/ybz2ovl8
Senator Schumer's #NoShowtownhall
Senator Schumer cancelled his town hall at the last minute but Indivisibles came anyway and took questions in the sweltering hear of the un-air conditioned sanctuary. The press joined us, with excellent coverage:
NY's Dirty Little Secret!
New York’s Dirty Little Secret is out!
We’re thrilled to release our newest video starring Cathy Curtin & Shawn Randall about NY’s “soft voter suppression” and why everyone should VOTE in next week’s federal primary on June 26th and then again in the state primary on September 13th!
Want to learn more about why voting in primaries matters in New York? Read our latest post on Medium HERE
Cynthia + Jumaane Video
It was an exciting and dynamic meeting, with two great speakers trying to affect real change in NY, Cynthia Nixon and Jumaane Williams, and an enthusiastic and engaged crowd eager to ask questions. ICYMI: below is our livestream from the meeting!
Join our mailing list by emailing email@example.com
Follow our terrific writers on MEDIUM
Daily call scripts & events on FACEBOOK
Like photos? We do, too! INSTAGRAM
Up to the minute tweeting on TWITTER @bkindivisible