Patriotism Over Partisanship Rally -
Tell Dan Donovan What Patriotism Means to You!
From Fight Back Bay Ridge:
As the Trump administration fumbles past the half-year mark, Rep. Dan Donovan continually refuses to take a stand for our community in the face of rapid deterioration of our nation’s ideals, norms and institutions. Join Fight Back Bay Ridge and Staten Island Women Who March this Labor Day to tell Donovan it’s time to put country before party.
We will demand that Donovan:
- Condemn Trump’s corruption and conflicts of interest by supporting the Presidential Tax Transparency Act
- Denounce the police brutality advocated by the president at a recent rally attended by Rep. Donovan
- Denounce white supremacy
- Stand up for the black community and affirm that black lives matter
- Stand up for our immigrant communities
- Support a de-escalation towards North Korea by supporting HR 669 Restricting First Use of Nuclear Weapons
- Issue a statement in support of street renamings on the Fort Hamilton Army Base
Buuut, we will also:
- Have live music & a sing-a-long!
- Award a best patriotic costume prize!
- Pass out pocket Constitutions to our first 50 arrivals!
- Make paper chains & pinwheels!
- Offer voter registration!
- Hear from community speakers!
Bring your kids. Bring your pets. Spend time with your neighbors. Re-affirm community and most importantly, tell Dan Donovan what it means to be a true patriot. Defend us against this nation’s enemies - both foreign and DOMESTIC.
Facebook Event HERE